[Dxspider-support] Hangs revisited

Kelly Jones kjones at sullivan1.com
Sat Nov 19 16:22:21 GMT 2005

Has there been any resolution (or proposed fix) for the (seeming) inability
to take more than ~60 connections?  I currently have 36 users and 26 node
connections.  Spider simply refuses to allow any more.  My CPU load is
nearly nothing, but I am not able to log in any additional
nodes/users.  This is not a firewall/sessions/whatever problem.

It's as though the "listener" simply quits sending keyboard input back into
where it goes.  Connect establishes, you're greeted with the "enter your
call sign", then nothing.  Dirk, I know you have better things to do than
mess with the cluster, but I need to make some decisions based on whether
you've thought much about this.

You are free to see the symptoms - connect to:  cluster.dxcentral.com

73
Kelly - N0VD