[Dxspider-support] [Fwd: Dx Spot Beacon]

iz5fsa at tele2.it iz5fsa at tele2.it
Thu Oct 27 15:55:49 BST 2005

I have a Linux server to manage the fle(X)net node and the
spider, so no AGW and UI-Bridge capabilities. However this
is a good idea to beacon spots.

But I don't want just to beacon spots.

Listen to me, guys...

1) I need a beacon function that allow node "to beacon" UI
spots on a certain ax25 port
so listeners (clients) can ear spots (1 spot send by node
serve all clients once).

2) I want a new "protocol" connection between node and
clients with "no protocol", as UI packet. When I am on the
frequency, I put my tnc in converse mode and I want the
node recognize me as registered user "on demand" without
logging in, when I send him a command as UI packet. I need
a function that allow me to use the commands, for example:
sh/qrz
sh/usdb
sh/425
sh/dx
even if not logged in, simply sending them as UI frames.

Results:
a) less traffic on air
b) users logged only if necessary
c) flexibility to use local qrg for dx-cluster monitor

thanks to all and 73s de Leo, IZ5FSA