[Dxspider-support] BPQ32_409r_Beta_20050914 is now available for testing

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 08:17:38 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 17:16 -0500, Ron Stordahl wrote:
> This beta release adds a new AGWtoBPQ interface on the front end and a
> BPQtoAGW on the back end.  In addition there are new BPQ32 utilities.
> The changes are dramatic, permitting BPQ32 with it's full capabilities
> to be immediately used by existing applications with a AGWPE like
> interface.
>
> Here is the document intended to guide beta testers:
>
> http://dxspots.com/BPQ32/BPQ32_409r_Beta_20050914.htm

This could be a big shot in the arm for Windows users. It may also be
useful for Linux users that have a spare Windows box for doing ax25
stuff because they do like / can't be bothered with Linux ax25 support.

If I read the documentation on the above website correctly (using the
UIView instructions as a guide) then all you need to do to use this
instead of AGWPE is to change '$port' in your local AGWConnect.pm from
8000 to 8001.

Obviously you will need to install and configure the package first.

Can I remind you also that you don't need to run AGWPE or BPQ on the
same machine as the node. If you want to use a different machine, change
'$addr' in your local AGWConnect.pm to the (valid) dns name or IP
address of the machine running AGWPE or BPQ.

Dirk G1TLH