[Dxspider-support] Memory Leak in Windows

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 24 09:39:43 BST 2006

Is there a command to find out from Perl which version I am running?
Don't know what "top" or "ps axl" mean.  If you are asking about how to
find memory usage, you bring up the task manager and go to "processes".

I know Windows winsocks at one time had a memory leak.  Every time you
loaded and unloaded one you lost a tiny bit of memory.  Over time this
added up.  The solution was to not unload them but just to close them.
This Windows bug was supposed to have been fixed, but maybe Perl still
has this problem.

Lee