[Dxspider-support] DxSpider on a Mac

Steven Franke s-franke at uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 6 00:38:06 GMT 2006

I am running Spider on OS X Tiger 10.4.4 now (K9USA:
soliton.csl.uiuc.edu, port 8000). In order to get Spider to run on OS
X Panther, it was necessary to upgrade Berkeley DB from the supplied
version (1.5) to 4.3. I also had to make the DB_File module which was
supplied with the new Berkeley DB. I did not have to do anything else
after I upgraded the machine to run OS X Tiger. YMMV, but I think
that you will still need to update Berkeley DB, even on a new Tiger
installation. At some point I did switch to using launchd to handle
starting and restarting the cluster.

Steve K9AN