[Dxspider-support] Mail ?!

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 12:40:21 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 13:02 +0100, Danilo Brelih wrote:
> Hi
>
> I asked about mail problem with VE7CC client program on ARuser reflector
> and Lee suspect as Spider problem ?
>
> thanks Dan, S50U
>

>  >>> I think that the mail glitch is a Spider problem.
>  >>> Lee, VE7CC
>
> *****
>
>  >>Try this beta version.
>  >>http://bcdxc.org/ve7cc/special/ve7cc.exe
>
>  >Lee thanks
>  >logging with password is working fine now.
>  >Noticed another problem with Mail. When DIR/New clicking on message
>  >for reading it and Exit I get mail shown as replayed to original
>  >sender with "Deleted" flag. Body has "Return receipt from delivering
>  >node. Message read by ALL."
>
>  >4412     25      ALL   WA4SGC  6-Feb 1622Z peter one website
>  >4413    737      ALL    G0TSM  6-Feb 1926Z 3Y0X update 6th Feb
>  >4417Dp   58    G0TSM   S50CLX  6-Feb 2159Z Re: 3Y0X update 6th Feb

I am sorry, but I don't see any problem. Or maybe that is the problem?

Mail that is deleted by a user, is sent on to another node or just
relayed on an intermediate node to somewhere else, hangs around for a
period of time (from memory: 2 days) with a 'deleted' flag on.

This is purely for belt and braces because, I for one, have a nasty
habit of operating a keyboard without having my brain fully in gear -
and then delete stuff that I want to keep. Or else you think you have
forwarded something on, but something has gone wrong and you need to do
it again.

This is the vital difference between the 'delete' and the 'expunge'
commands (IMAP, incidentally has a similar concept). Delete marks a
message as deleted, it hangs around for a while and then is 'expunged'.
Obviously the 'expunge' command just removes stuff irrevocably.