[Dxspider-support] Update Kepler data

Aurelio M.M. Bellussi, PA3EZL/AA2WH aurelio at esrac.ele.tue.nl
Wed Feb 8 17:28:38 GMT 2006

What worked for me was to put the following in
/spider/local_cmd/crontab:

0 5 * * 1,3,5 spawn('wget -qN http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all -P /spider/local')
2 5 * * 1,3,5 spawn('/spider/perl/convkeps.pl /spider/local/nasa.all')
4 5 * * 1,3,5 run_cmd('load/keps')

Other sources like suggested by Arjan don't work for me, the keps are not
update although spiders says "operation successfull" after a load/keps
cmd.

>     Dirk I have testing sh/sat  and I have same problem, but I think
> that Spider not calculate right the passes. I download directly the
> 2line elements from Celestrak.com (my cluster don't receive keplerian
> bulletins :(  ), convert it with convkeps.pl and finally load/keps;
> after read Tom and Aurelio messages  I comapare today the DXSpdier
> predictions with WXTrack and they are diferents, for example:

*  Aurelio M.M. Bellussi,     PC5A/AA2WH  *
*  E-mail: aurelio at esrac.ele.tue.nl       *
*  AX25-mail:    pc5a at pi8zaa.#nbo.nld.eu  *