[Dxspider-support] Filtering calls

Dave Edwards dave at g7rau.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 17:06:23 GMT 2006

Hi all
> There are some more useless 'callsign strings' to be ignored in
> case you like to work on that any more.
>
> 1.   Number of characters: Minimum 3
Hmm, maybe
> 2.   At least one character MUST be numerical
Please NO!
> 3.   Only characters:  A..Z, 0..9 and /  NOTHING ELSE
>      (no !!!  no ????  no ---  etc    3Y0X? is no callsign)
hmm, -3 is not a problem
> 4.   Strings in the callsign field should resemble an amateur radio
>      callsign
> Some bad strings:
> 12334AB
> 14DX
> DX14
> Qxxx       any string starting with a Q is no good
Hmmmmmm, I use this to spot say QVIDEO on 6m or QMUF on 92MHz as so
it does not trigger any call watches (or make me appear a cluster
monkey hi), this means that it causes no harm as far as I can see.

FWIW I feel the current works ok, if we start filtering too much then
we will start missing things that although might seem bad to a HF
only ham this has in the past triggered me into action at qrl
pleading for a short notice half day leave to catch some 2m es hi.

Thats me tuppence worth :-)

73 de Dave

Dave Edwards (G7RAU)
dave at g7rau.co.uk