[Dxspider-support] Re: ZS6RO-1 DX-Spider won't start

Dick dick at zs6ro.co.za
Tue Jan 3 09:55:48 GMT 2006

Dirk,

After my last message to this List, i updated my Perl to the latest stable
version on CPAN (from 5.8.1 to 5.8.7) ...  It installed into different
directories to my original Perl version ...  I then linked the new Perl
files to the old Perl directory after renaming the old Perl files ...

I ran the 'Perl -d cluster.pl' and where it hiccupped saying it couldn't
find whatever program, I copied these over to the 'new' Perl relevant
directories and then I got no more errors after repeatedly running 'Perl -d
cluster.pl' ...

I then rebooted Linux and eureka, DX-Spider started to run and below is the
proof of that ...  I just hope other Perl jobs will not be affected my messy
updating !!!

Is there an easy way of removing the old Perl ???

73, Dick ZS6RO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
DXSpider Version 1.51, build 59.376 started
US Database loaded
starting listeners ...
Internal port: localhost 27754 using IntMsg
External Port: 0.0.0.0 8050 using ExtMsg::login
load badwords: Ok
Starting Dupe system
Read in Messages
Read in Aliases