[Dxspider-support] FTP site

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 11:44:51 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 22:16 -0400, Ted Gervais wrote:
> Where can I FTP the latest Spider file(s).   I want to use FTP to get it
> rather than the web site, so could someone supply that address please.
> Thanks.

The short answer is: you can't.

The only place that the latest tarball can be obtained is:

http://www.dxcluster.org/download/CVSlatest.tgz

There appears to be no such thing as a secure anonymous FTP server (I
cannot quite understand why, but there it is). The site where this is
housed refuses, point blank, to run such a thing (indeed any ftp at
all), so the chances of this being changed are nil.

Sorry.

Dirk G1TLH