[Dxspider-support] cvs time out 2 issues

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 15:24:17 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 14:04 +0000, Jose M. Valdes R. YV5LIX wrote:
> Hello Dirk,
> 2.- As I mentioned the update was performed correctly but now the node will
> not start, upon start the node crashes before the initialization is
> completed, I'm running DXSpider in a Windows XP box, the same box I have
> been using it for over 2 years, no hardware or software changes to this
> computer which is dedicated to the node.
>
> This is what I see in my screen:
>
> C:\spider\perl>perl cluster.pl
> "EINPROGRESS" is not exported by the Errno module at /spider/perl/Msg.pm
> line 56
>
> "EWOULDBLOCK" is not exported by the Errno module at /spider/perl/Msg.pm
> line 56

These are completely normal on Windows boxes. This is a FAQ.

> Right after this message the initialization fails and the DOS window is
> automatically shutdown. I have no entry in the latest DEBUG file, 011.dat
> dated 11/01/2006 12:56, the update was made at 13:04.

You did not check the (IIRC) 'recursive directories' box on the update.
There are modules missing. You need to do the equivalent of 'cvs update
-dP' (create new directories and prune old, redundant ones).

If the problem persists then run the program in debugging mode and send
me the output. Do this with:

cmd> perl -d \spider\perl\cluster.pl
Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

main::(cluster.pl:13):  require 5.004;
  DB<1> r

Dirk G1TLH