[Dxspider-support] DXSpider concerns

Angel M. Claus ea7wa at ea7urc.org
Fri Jan 13 11:01:12 GMT 2006

Hello to all,

Charlie ( k1xx/4 ) wrote:

>You are seeing the lines like:
>
>-> D ED7ZAB-5 Please enter your name, set/name <your name>
>-> D ED7ZAB-5 Please enter your QTH, set/qth <your qth>
>
>because you did not set him as a DXspider node.  As a result, any time
>you connect, he gets treated as a user.  Any node-to-node connection
>needs to be coordinated between sysops such that they use the set/spider
><callsign> command "at both ends."  Try set/spider ed7zab-5.

Charlie, we both have our nodes defined as DXSpider.

>You're correct, he is connecting to you.  Not knowing your exact
>configuration, one could assume that you have some port, maybe 7300,
>opened up through your router to let outside connect attempts in to your
>server.  The only way he can connect to you is if a port is open on the
>router.

My node is not connecting to Ted's node. It is Ted's node starting the
connection and if he connects mannually, or I connect mannually using
Ted's node callsign, this is whta happens:

Welcome to EA7URC-5 / ED7ZAB-5  DXSpider Gateway.
login: ve1drg-2
*** Connected to ED7ZAB-5, Cordoba - Spain.
PC18^DXSpider Version: 1.51 Build: 59.389^5451^
PC11^1821.6^AA1K^13-Jan-2006^1047Z^CQ^JA0QNJ-7^JA4PXC-7^H50^~

That means, ve1drg-2 is known as a node in my side, and as soon as it
gives its callsign, my node starts talking to it with PC frames.

So, the differenxce is when Ted's node runs the script to connect
automatically to my node, then something happens and I am not sure
what it is.

73 de Angel - EA7WA.