[Dxspider-support] Make client warnings

Peter pc2a at pi4cc.nl
Mon Jan 16 14:53:24 GMT 2006

Hi

When I make the client from the lastest CVS (60.449) I got warnings. The output is below.
Are they critical?
The client prog seems to be working as normal.
Maybe I miss some revelvant files in the setup here.
DX-spider is running on Linux (Debian) with 6.2.15 kernel

Peter
PC2A

dxc1:/spider/src# make client
cc -g -O   -c -o client.o client.c
client.c: In function 'send_msg':
client.c:306: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strcpy' differ in signedness
client.c:320: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'sprintf' differ in signedness
client.c:321: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in signedness
client.c: In function 'fcb_handler':
client.c:386: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of 'dbgdump' differ in signedness
client.c:405: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strcpy' differ in signedness
client.c:406: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in signedness
client.c:411: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strcpy' differ in signedness
client.c: In function 'process_stdin':
client.c:665: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of 'send_msg' differ in signedness
client.c: In function 'process_node':
client.c:688: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of '__builtin_strchr' differ in signedness
client.c: In function 'main':
client.c:959: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of 'send_msg' differ in signedness
cc -g -O   -c -o sel.o sel.c
cc -g -O   -c -o cmsg.o cmsg.c
cc -g -O   -c -o chain.o chain.c
cc -g -O   -c -o debug.o debug.c
cc -g -O client.o sel.o cmsg.o chain.o debug.o -o client