[Dxspider-support] How store DX-Spots in external file ???

Dick dick at zs6ro.co.za
Sun Jan 22 17:14:29 GMT 2006

I browsed the Spider directories and the MRTG directories on my server and I
can't appear to find anything 'useful' that would allow me to extract the
data and store it in a file - say the last ten DX-Spots ..

I have written a WAP site and a suitable PHP script to search a local
International Callbook on my server hard drive and then send the callsign
result to the cellphone .. If you want to try it from a WAP-enabled
cellphone (mobile phone) bookmark  www.zs6ro.co.za  If that doesn't work try
www.zs6ro.co.za/index.wml .. That should take you a menu .. Click on Ham
callbook and follow the prompts .. If you use a standard WEB browser instead
and the same URL you should get directed to my Web Page ...

I am thinking of placing on my WAP menu, access to the last ten DX-Spots via
a cellphone .. The easiest way I think is to collect the ten spots from a
file which is updated say each minute or two etc ...

I toyed with the idea of writing a script which would telnet to the Cluster
and then append DX-Spots to a file .. But 'I'm sure that there must be a
more elegant way !!

Can anyone assist in pointing me in the right direction so I can set up a
suitable text file containing the last ten spots please ??

73, Dick ZS6RO