[Dxspider-support] Can't locate RingBuf.pm

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 12:53:41 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 12:54 +0100, Gunnar Widell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After 83 days of uptime on SK3W-6 I made a cvs up.
>
> I also restared the cluster, but spider did not start.

Did you do a 'cvs update -d' (actually 'cvs update -dP' is better).

> Running Fedore Core2.

Does not matter what version.

> Cannot find anything in the Changes file that mention new Perl modules?

That is because they are currently under development. However, cvs
should create new modules automatically, provided that the directories
exists (the -d in the cvs update).

Try again, capturing the output from cvs:

cvs update -dP > /tmp/cvs 2>&1

send the output to me if it fails to find RingBuf.pm again.

If all else fails:-

cd /spider
rm -rf perl
cvs -z3 update -dP