[Dxspider-support] Crash solved at.

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 09:26:40 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 23:05 -0500, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> At 11:00 PM 1/23/2006, Jose M. Valdes R. YV5LIX wrote:
>
> >I did a new CVS update at 03:40 UTC and started the node and now seems to be
> >ok, thanks, the node has been up and running for 20 minutes now at 04:00
> >UTC. Version returned by SH/VER is V1.52, build 61.484, previous version was
> >V1.52, build 61.476
>
> Dirk, is there a version numbering problem?  My version shows as
> build 61.46.  Should that really have been 61.460?  Maybe you need to
> change the version print statement to show all 3 decimal places.

The build no is just printed as a 'normal' number. On a 'bad' day, if
you are unlucky, you will see 61.5 or even (maybe and very briefly) 62

This is a long standing 'feature' that I don't plan to change.

BTW the true value is currently 64.484 and should climb into the 70's
but I would be answering questions about it all day and not actually
causing the problem in the first place by trying to add functionality.
So I fudge it. The current fudge factor is -3.

The whole and only point of this number is that it (automatically)
increases as I make changes to the main program (not the commands) and
that we can mutually tell whether you (the users) are on the same
version as me.

More information than that is not available. There is no further meaning
or purpose to this number.