[Dxspider-support] A few remarks and suggestions after a new install

Robert Chalmas rcbza at hb9bza.net
Sat Jul 1 16:27:19 BST 2006

Hi,

Here is a few details I noted after reinstalling DXSpider on a new PC
with the latest tarball:

- 4m band: the upper limit should be 70631 kHz (to include the CT
allocation = 70607-70631
  according to http://www.70mhz.org/bands.htm),

- the "merge" command seems not to work. I tried it with our 2 main link
partners to get some
  of the DX and WWV spots we missed during our 5 days downtime, but no
answer was received...

- I could not recover easily some files like "baddx" or similar. If I
copy them from the old install
  to the new one, new entries are appended to the file, but the old
entries are ignored (this is the
  same behaviour I noted with "qsl.v1" before I was instructed to use
create_qsl),

- some commands in "Aliases" seems no logical to me (well, on this one
everybody may have his
  point of view!). Especially, I believe that "sh/d" should be
interpreted as "sh/dx" and not as
  "sh/date", which is an almost useless command (the date and time are
displayed in the prompt!),
  while "sh/dx" is obviously the most important command on the cluster.
I always modify my
  "Aliases" file to get that result, but I believe it would be a good
default setting.

- I noted a few french translations I sent one year ago were not
integrated in the "Messages" file.
  Not a big problem; I will submit them again to Dirk, with a few new ones.

Else no real problems; thanks to Dirk for his great work!

Vy 73's

Robert - HB9BZA

--
Robert CHALMAS, PO Box 1225, CH-1227 Carouge/GE, SWITZERLAND
email: rcbza at hb9bza.net           web: http://www.hb9bza.net