[Dxspider-support] Your thoughts please

George Lloyd g.lloyd at gb7esx.co.uk
Sun Jul 16 23:06:42 BST 2006

Hi,

I have an odd problem which is driving me nuts. I have a user that logs
onto my spider cluster via a BPQ node. All is fine until he disconnects
when the whole machine crashes  with the keyboard lights flashing. Other
users log on via the same route  and cause no problem when they
disconnect. I have tried logging in via the same route and can't
replicate the problem.

Now even weirder is this same user can log on and off for weeks without
a problem then all of a sudden the crashes start again. Unfortunately he
has the habit of logging on and off several times a day like today when
he managed to crash the system five times. I don't think it's a spider
problem but I wonder if anyone has any idea how to track what is causing
the problem. I had a similar problem to this a couple of years ago when
someone connected via another BPQ node  but that disapeared before  I
discovered what the cause was.

I'm running under Linuux. Any help or suggestion would be gratefully
received.

73 George G1NNB

--
George Lloyd