[Dxspider-support] CTY-1605 Contest Country Files - 24 July 2006

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jul 26 13:26:03 BST 2006

At 08:17 AM 7/26/2006, Dirk Koopman wrote:

>These are now incorporated into CVS together with their accompanying
>wpxloc.raw file.

I haven't officially released WPXLOC.RAW (I probably have to now),
but the release notes can be found here:

         http://wpxloc.ad1c.us/

I'm on a bigger mission right now to unify the CTY, DX4WIN and WPXLOC
database sources into a single, coherent database that can be used to
generate any of the files.  The advantage for me is that I can add a
new DXCC entity, prefix or callsign in ONE PLACE and all the
downstream files get generated with a single command.  The trick is
to manage the different output requirements (DX4WIN is the only truly
historical database, WPXLOC has many entries that are "regions" of an
entity, contest files need WAEDC entities, etc.).

There is no schedule when this might go "live", and I'll continue to
update/release the old databases as needed until I can throw the switch.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us