[Dxspider-support] Installation Questions

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 17:04:37 GMT 2006

I thought I was getting on fine, but there seems to be
more that I don't understand:

I think everything is in order up to and possibly
including the 'telnet localhost 3000' part of the
instructions. When I do that I just get a prompt back
saying 'connected to localhost, etc. I had kind of
assumed that that would bring the cluster up, but
apparently not.

I have started ax25d and netromd -i after doing the
various ax25/netrom initialisations. I am not clear
about whether I should have also started ./cluster.pl
and ./client? (Actually I have tried various
combinations and nothing seems to be any different.)

Had a bit of a glitch with the tty permissions - for
reasons that I also don't understand ttyS0 was owned
by root and uucp. Anyway, it is now owned by root and
tty, and sysop/ve3zi are members of the tty group.

The intention is to have an rf cluster with an
outgoing internet telnet link for feed. The rf cluster
is intended to feed into the kiss port on an X1-J4
node, and the node and the cluster will have different
callsigns.

I am still using v1.52 - have downloaded the CVS, but
thought I would wait till things were working before
trying to upgrade.

Would be very grateful for a bit of hand-holding!

73 Roger
VE3ZI

(Slackware 10.2 on 500MHz PIII)