[Dxspider-support] re Installation Questions

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 05:37:53 GMT 2006

Thanks Bob

Well, I do have 'node' installed and I thought I had
it configured correctly. Whether I need it or not is
another matter! My intention is that the cluster will
have a single rf port, which will actually be the kiss
serial port of a tnc running X1-J4 (and using a
different callsign). So quite probably X1-J4 performs
all the necessary node functions, and if so it would
simplify matters a little, particularly as that part
of things has been working well for some months now.

The only other connections will be telnet into a host
cluster, and of course local sysop control. It seems
pretty pointless to allow remote telnet connection as
there are lots of internet cluster hosts available.
This part of north east Ontario is pretty sparcely
populated and many people only have dial-up internet;
hence the need for an rf cluster.

73 Roger
VE3ZI