[Dxspider-support] re Installation Questions

Ian J Maude ijm at gb7mbc.net
Wed Mar 22 07:51:46 GMT 2006

Hi all,
This is why I resisted putting in anything about the AX25 utilities for
years :-)
The AX25 stuff is only there for if you are:-

A) Running Linux
B) Want to allow AX25 or NetROM connects to your cluster

In addition, configuring Tomi Manninens 'node' is only required if you
need a front end node to your system to allow other things than cluster
connects.  It is *not* needed to allow connects to the cluster.

If you are only allowing users to connect by telnet, don't install the
AX25 utilities.

Please note that port numbers are only used in the relevant sections of
the manual (I think!) so you should not get confused with port numbers.
Port 3000 is only suggested for Tomis 'node', the information for the
cluster node port is in an entirely different section of the manual.

When installing Spider, I would get the cluster running first and only
then would I consider working on the AX25 stuff.

72/73

Ian

--
Ian J Maude G0VGS | Sysop GB7MBC DXCluster
http://www.gb7mbc.net