[Dxspider-support] load keps from message

Steven Franke s-franke at uiuc.edu
Mon May 8 20:42:42 BST 2006

Hello Dirk and all -

I have noticed that the age of the satellite keps (obtained via "sh/
sat") appears to be reported incorrectly on my version 1.52, build
61.497 (K9USA).

I loaded the keps using the "load/keps nnnn" syntax and the 2-line
elements sent via cluster mail from G1TLH. I verified that data in /
spider/local/Keps.pm matches the data in the 2-line keps file - so
Keps.pm appears to be written correctly. However, the reported age of
the keps is incorrect. If I load an older set of Keps, I can verify
that Keps.pm is re-written with the older data, but the reported age
of the Keps does not change, and remains incorrect.

I see that the age of the Keps is calculated using my
Sun::Julian_Date_of_Epoch function - so this could be my fault
somehow. However, I don't see why it would suddenly stop working...
Dirk - I notice that WR3D is using the same build as I am - would you
mind trying "load/keps nn" to see if you can reproduce this?

Steve K9AN