[Dxspider-support] CGI - now to AX25 for D700

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu May 18 15:05:58 BST 2006

This is almost what I was just going to ask for...

> We are trying to setup a CGI to extract last 25 DX from our Spider.
> We have done it with expect. Something like this:
>
> #!/usr/bin/expect
>
> puts "Content-type: text/plain\n"
>
> log_user 0
> spawn telnet localhost 8000
> expect -exact "login: "
> send -- "eb5esx-3\r"
> expect "dxspider >"
> send -- "set/noecho\r"
> expect "dxspider >"
> send -- "sh/dx 25\r"
> log_user 1
> expect "dxspider >"
> log_user 0
> send -- "bye\r"
> expect eof

Has anybody implemented a scheme to logon to a local cluster,
like the above, and then tweaked the data to send it out the AX25
stack for local D700 (APRS) users?   It won't be a very large PERL
script but I'd like to know if anybody else has done it before
I jump in.

thanks,
Bill - WA7NWP