[Dxspider-support] CGI

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu May 18 17:23:59 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 19:54 +0200, Ruben Navarro Huedo wrote:
> Hello friends:
> We are trying to setup a CGI to extract last 25 DX from our Spider.
> We have done it with expect. Something like this:

> #!/usr/bin/expect
>
> puts "Content-type: text/plain\n"
>
> log_user 0
> spawn telnet localhost 8000

<snip>

Could I suggest that, instead of using expect, you all have a look
at /spider/perl/showdx. It is not a CGI program, but could easily be
modified (by someone else, preferably) to do what you require using
CPI.pm.

This has the advantage that it looks at the files and does not connect
to the node at all.