[Dxspider-support] What's the deal with CVS?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon May 22 09:32:16 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 22:34 -0700, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> On May 21, 2006, at 8:40 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>
> > I have been unable to connect to the CVS repository for days.
> >
> > I tried what was suggested in a Sourceforge support group, i.e.
> > change the Root
> > file to point to spider.cvs.sourceforge.net but now I need a
> > password to get to
> > the repository.
> >
> > What's going on?
> >
> > Thanks & 73 - Jim AD1C
> >

> I changed the Root file in each CVS directory as follows and it is
> working for me:
>
> :pserver:anonymous at dxspider.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dxspider

Ok, the secret is out. And I am sorry I have not posted about it. The
trouble is that when I tried it, it (the new sf CVS repository) did not
work, so I was waiting until it did.

Here is a shell script that will do what is required for *nix users.
Run it as your "sysop" user.

#!/bin/bash
# change the old SF CVS root to the new one
#
echo ':pserver:anonymous at dxspider.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dxspider' > /tmp/newroot
cd /spider
find . -name Root -exec cp -f /tmp/newroot {} \;