[Dxspider-support] Spider stall.

Kelly Jones kjones at virtualcohesion.com
Sun Oct 8 17:07:32 BST 2006

I agree with Charlie.

I used to see this quite frequently.  It was VERY common during the
major contest.  The only thing I could attribute it to was high traffic.

The way I "solved" the problem was to create an instance of spider that
is used solely for Node-Node communications.  I then have two other
instances that are solely for end users with only one node connection -
that being to the Node-Node Node (that's confusing!).

So in all, I have 3 unique instances of Spider running.  I started this
about a year ago and have not seen the problem since.

BTW - OS did not seem to be an issue.  For years I ran Linux, about a
year ago I moved the Cluster to Windows, about 2 months after that I
created the multiple instances of Spider, partially due to the 64 socket
limit in the Windows pool.

73
Kelly - N0VD