[Dxspider-support] node hangs

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 15:15:12 CET 2006

I have had a couple of reports of node hangs during the contest (again).

Has anybody got any evidence, in the form of debug files and some
accompanying narrative, that they would care share with me?

The current hypothesis is that it is caused by an link not accepting
data and the output buffer, on that link, filling up and wedging the
master select loop - around which the whole program revolves.

Now, wedged output should not do this, but somehow it appears that it is
and need some input to try and understand what is going on.

What I am particularly looking for is a wedge that resets itself after a
period of time (some of the wedges seem to do this).

Dirk G1TLH
--
Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk>