[Dxspider-support] Spider keeps rebooting

John Buttery john.buttery at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 26 15:36:51 BST 2006

Hi All

Not quite what it sounds like .it reboots under specific conditions.

My Linux box had been up-and -running for over a year, but crashed while I
was on holiday.

When I got home, I found that I had a few bad sectors.  The system corrected
these and started up Linux (RedHat v 6.2) without any problem.

Spider would not start up, though, and on investigation I found that
Local.pm was corrupt.  I copied an old version of this into the spider/perl
directory and all seemed to be ok.

My connection from GB7WDX to GB7DJK seems to run perfectly smoothly but when
GB7CGL-1 connects to me, Spider reboots immediately.

I have tried updating to cvslatest, but with the same result.

I have perl v5.6.1 - well, that's what it says when I use perl -v

And Spider 1.52 build 61.521

Before the present crashes, using sh/contest used to also reboot Spider.

ppm shows different module versions than cpan does

Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes,

John, G7OPJ