[Dxspider-support] AR-Cluster and automatic ping

wb8zrl at avalon.net wb8zrl at avalon.net
Sat Aug 11 17:06:07 CEST 2007

Jim

I have had this problem for quite a while.  ARC sees a ping and then
theoretically throws away all other pings received within the next 60 seconds.
However, it throws away pings that arrive within 60 seconds of your PC50.  Also
within 60 seconds of an RCMD.  This problem is that if it throws away two
consecutive pings, then spider will think it is not there and disconnect.  I
have changed the obscount to 3 and often set/ping to move the ping a few
minutes earlier/later.  A pain, but not a killer.

              Tom    WB8ZRL