[Dxspider-support] Help with new installation

Bob Harrison g4ujs at qsl.net
Sun Aug 19 02:53:22 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I've nearly got a new installation of Spider running but all is not well.

My OS is Fedora 7

I followed the install instructions to the letter (I think)

My first problem was at the final stage of 1.3

Finally, you need to fix the permissions on the ax25_call and netrom_call
programs. Check where they are with the locate command and alter the
permissions with the chmod command like this ..

# chown root ax25_call netrom_call
# chmod 4775 ax25_call netrom_callI didn't understand the locate command and
so pushed on and got the message "that chown couldn't find the files"Anyway
I continued on as I thought they didnt matter as I am only setting up a
telnet cluster.Everything went fine until1.6 Starting cluster for first
time. I was logged on as the spider user and issued the command
./cluster.plThis got me a "no such file or directory"so I did
./spider/perl.cluster.pland it all started.next was another console and I
typed ./clientagain This got me a "no such file or directory"so I did
./spider/src/client and it started up but told me I had to have a callsignso
I had to start it with ./spider/src/client g4ujsThen it all seemed to
work.But why does the ./client etc not work for me.Not going to waste any
more time until I have that bit sorted.TIAregards Bob G4UJS
Bob Harrison

Telephone: +44 7876 791215

Website: http://www.qsl.net/g4ujs