[Dxspider-support] stuck sockets

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 12:18:31 CEST 2007

vic wrote:
> CORRECTION::
>
> I have to change the port number in Listeners.pm, start spider, stop spider, then change the port number back to what I normally use and it works.... Must have something to do with listerners code.
> Vic

None of this makes any sense to me at the moment. Please post your
Listeners.pm.

What distro are you using and what kernel (out of interest). More
importantly: what version of perl (perl -v) do you have?

Did you do anything with IO::Socket?

Linux TCP sockets (SOCK_STREAM) are not permanent entities they
certainly cannot be maintained over reboot. Also I set 'Re-use' on all
my sockets (especially the ones in Listener.pm).

I have never heard of this problem with the solution/work around that
you suggest before.

The only thing I can suggest is that you are trying to start two
listeners on the same port or there is some other conflict in parameters
there.