[Dxspider-support] Crash after CVS Update

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 14:00:02 CEST 2007

Jim Snider wrote:
> I did an update on the N8OJ node the other night and now the system won't
> start cleanly.  Here's the console text.  any ideas?
>
> Jim W8BS
>
> -------------------
>
> DXSpider V1.54, build 0.135 started
> Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
> US Database loaded
> Use of bare << to mean <<"" is deprecated at /spider/data/prefix_data.pl
> line 781.
>  at /spider/data/prefix_data.pl line 781
> Use of bare << to mean <<"" is deprecated at /spider/data/prefix_data.pl
> line 4153.
>  at /spider/data/prefix_data.pl line 4153

Whenever one sees '<<' like this in error messages, *especially* just
after a CVS, then you have a conflict. Somehow prefix_data.pl has one of
these (I would also suspect wpxloc.raw and cty.dat).

The cure, however, is simple:

1. remove the offending files (prefix_data.pl, wpxloc.raw and cty.dat)
2. cvs update -d
3. try again.