[Dxspider-support] Msg numbers

Tom Vavra wb8zrl at inavia.net
Fri Aug 31 15:00:06 CEST 2007

Hi Bob

I have restarted the message numbers several times.  What I did was delete
(kill expunge) all the messages I did not want to save.  I then exported
(export) the rest of the messages, those that I wanted to save.  I then
deleted (kill expunge) them.  So now a dir shows an empty message directory.
Now     echo 0 >/spider/msg/Msgno
If you exported any messages mv (or cp) them into    /spider/msg/import
Spider will find them in a minute or so, and they will appear in the
directory.  Note that any special attributes, like never delete, need to be
reapplied.

This is something you dont need to do often, but I prefer to keep my message
numbers at three or less digits.

                          73   Tom   WB8ZRL