[Dxspider-support] AX-25 compile help needed

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Sat Dec 8 14:36:00 CET 2007

My cluster has been running 10.2 for quite a while now and SuSE in
general since 9.0.  Before that I was running Red Hat and SuSE is RH
based which made the transition easier.  I will be updating it to 10.3,
probably over the holidays.  I would go with 10.3 as it really runs
well, not only for the Ham stuff, but I use it for email, WEB and FTP
services as well.  They did a fantastic job with the package management
stuff for 10.3 which has been an issue over the last couple of versions
as they transitioned to the "open" build service model.  All the Ham
stuff is built and distributed by their build service since August.  It
also has the easiest to configure firewall of all the distros.

Some more info at http://www.linux-ax25.org/wiki/Distributions

Mike, W1NR