[Dxspider-support] Badspotter announce report on log

Luigi Carlotto ik5zuk at tiscali.it
Sat Dec 15 22:17:22 CET 2007

>> Hello all !
>>
>> Is this list still working ?? ... Some days ago I've posted the following
>> question, but nobody have replayed...
>>
>> Dirk, please, could you tell me something, or at least beat a hit ! ;-)
>>
>> 73's de Luigi, ik5zuk
>>

>>> Hello Dirk, hello all !
>>>
>>> Some time ago, on the old spider release (probably 1.52 and/or 1.53),
>>> when
>>> "badspotter call" made an announcement, was added on the log a report
>>> string
>>> like this:
>>>
>>> 17May2007 at 14:51:05 bad spotter (<badspotter_call>) made announcement:
>>> <announce text>
>>>
>>> Now, with spider 1.54 build 0.194 this feature seems not working (or not
>>> implemented anymore).
>>>
>>> Dirk, please, could you take a look inside the spider's code to check
>>> and
>>> make this feature working again ?!?
>>>

> It works for me.

Dirk,
you're right, as usual ! It's working properly... I've misunderstanded: the
report is added on log *only* if a local user (marked as badspotter) make an
announcement, and NOT every time is received an announce/full made by a
badspotter call... Sorry for the noise !!

> There is an issue with it but that does not stop the logging behaviour
> that
> was there before.

On my spider node running build 0.194, during some tests to observe the
badspotter logging, I've observed the following :

1. If someone not marked as badspotter make an announce/full, the announce
is displayed as the following:
 To ALL de <announcer_call>: <announce_text>

2. If someone marked as badspotter make an announce/full, the announce is
displayed as the following:
 To * de <announcer_call>: <announce_text>

Probably Dirk you're referring to this issue... if not, please could you
check also this little odd thing ?!?

73's and TKS for the help !!

Luigi, ik5zuk