[Dxspider-support] CTY-1711 Contest Country Files - 24 December 2007

Robert Chalmas rcbza at hb9bza.net
Tue Dec 25 13:58:38 GMT 2007

Hi,

There is obviously a second file used in the country identification process:
wpxloc.raw. I don't know exactly why we need 2 files with partially identical
information, maybe Dirk could explain that.

As the wpxloc.raw file seems to be no more maintained, I modified the latest
release to add FJ as a new country. The line becomes:

FJ St-Barthelemy-FJ         351 11 8   4.00 18  0  0 N  63  0  0 W @

instead of:

FJ St-Martin-FS             54 11  8   4.00 18  0  0 N  63  0  0 W

Please note:
- I removed here some spaces in the middle so that the line doesn't get split
- I didn't change the coordinates which are very similar to FS.

I also made other updates to this file, the most important ones are detailed
at the beginning of the new file.

In case somebody would be interested, I put a copy here:

http://www.hb9bza.net/temp/wpxloc.zip

Probably this work is not perfect, but it seems to work OK on my node, after
doing a create_prefix.pl and a load/prefixes:

FJ DXCC: 351 ITU: 11 CQ: 8 LL: 18 0 N 63 0 W (FJ, St-Barthelemy-FJ)
HB9BZA de HB9IAC-8 25-Dec-2007 1355Z dxspider >

Vy 73's and Merry Christams,

Robert - HB9BZA

--
Robert CHALMAS, PO Box 1225, CH-1227 Carouge/GE, SWITZERLAND
email: rcbza at hb9bza.net           web: http://www.hb9bza.net