[Dxspider-support] DXspider under Debian

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Tue Feb 20 23:52:49 CET 2007

Dirk is correct in that you need to run as root to access port 23 (or
any port less than 1023) on most all Linux distros.  What I do is
redirect port 23 to 7300 with the firewall and let DXSpider listen on
7300 running as user sysop.  It can be done with iptables as well, but I
have no clue what the proper syntax is for Debian.  Google for iptables
port redirect and see if you can find an example.