[Dxspider-support] Announces... more

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Thu Jan 4 10:14:44 CET 2007

Hi all,
Having lost my rag with an announce 'spammer' this morning, I remembered
a command that drastically reduces the problem of 'talk' type
announces.  This may well help those of you that are suffering and also
gives the user choice as to whether they want to receive them or not.  I
have copied the text below.

    |*unset/anntalk* Stop talk like announce messages on your terminal|

The announce system on legacy cluster nodes is used as a talk substitute
because the network is so poorly connected. If you:

      unset/anntalk

you will suppress several of these announces, you may miss the odd
useful one as well, but you would probably miss them anyway in the
welter of useless ones.

      set/anntalk

allows you to see them again. This is the default.

I hope this helps.

Ian

Ian J Maude G0VGS
SysOp GB7MBC DXCluster