[Dxspider-support] need assistance

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Jan 6 13:41:39 CET 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 12:14 +0100, f5cvi.hamradio at club-internet.fr
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need assistance to configure my file crontab and connect with agw
>

> My node is f5cvi-1 and I will connect another node f5kef-3 on agw port
> 0
>

> My config not work at this time
>

> \spider\connect (f5kef-3)
>

> timeout 60
>
> connect agw 0 f5kef-3
>
> 'login' 'f5cvi-1

You need to create a file called "\spider\connect\f5kef-3" and you need
to check that it works correctly (by typing "connect f5kef-3" in a
command window as sysop).

After that you put a line like:-

00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * start_connect('f5kef-5') unless connected('f5kef-5')

into \spider\local_cmd\crontab

You can check what is going on by doing a "set/debug conn raw" before
doing a manual connect (don't forget to do the "unset/debug conn raw"
when you have it working).

Are you sure that you have enough ' characters?

timeout 60
connect agw 0 f5kef-3
'login' 'f5cvi-1'
                ^
                ^

It is a long time since I last used an agw connect but I have this as an
example:-

timeout 300
connect agw 1 gb7dxh
'connect' ''

No 'login' you will notice.

Please supply the raw debug if you can't get it working yourself and we
will look at it.

Dirk G1TLH