[Dxspider-support] kubuntu

Steve Murphy murphys at comcast.net
Sun Jan 14 18:44:09 CET 2007

I run it under Ubuntu, which should be the same as far as Spider is
concerned.

The only "gotcha" in the installation was that, in order to compile the
'Client', you have to get the C libraries as they are not installed with
Ubuntu (or Kubuntu).  Just pop in your Kubuntu CD, drop to a command prompt
and enter 'sudo apt-get build-essential' to get the libraries and the
'Client' will compile FB.

 I've been running Spider under Ubuntu since November, and have had no
problems that weren't my own doing.

73
Steve N8NM