[Dxspider-support] Crash user database (old Version)

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jul 1 21:52:23 CEST 2007

Wolfram Zwaka (dl3ami) wrote:
> Hello,
> at db0erf-5 is with the old dxspider-Version 1.52 (last build) the user
> database some times crashed. But Im not shure that it is a crash in the
> database or only a error in the "export_users".
> "export_users" is running automatic every second day. Its possible (its been 4
> or 5 times) that the export is never ending and write to the HD 15 GByte (all
> the free place) and the Linux is crashed after this...

Have you set this to every 2nd day? Normally it is once a week.

> The second error - (two times in the last month) that only ~15000 from the
> ~86000 datasets will be exported....

Ok. You have a corruption in your user database. This is a Berkeley DB
problem, not (AFAIK) a DXSpider one (although I am sure that SleepyCat
will tell me that's all my fault). This is the reason I export_user once
a week :-)

What you need to do is review your user_asc(.o*) files and see whether
you have a good one (or at least a "mostly" good one), and then
regenerate your user database.

If it is *really* bad you may have to stitch one good user_asc from all
six user_asc files you have (although I have never had to do that myself).

When you find a good(ish) one, you need to stop the node (and make sure
it doesn't automatically restart), run "perl user_asc", and then restart
your node.