[Dxspider-support] telnet echo

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jul 6 23:18:17 CEST 2007

--- "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <lists at w1nr.net> wrote:

> If you connect to dx.w1nr.net port 23, both the
> Windows and SuSE Linux clients fail to negotiate linemode (crlf) and you
> end up with a <RETURN> key that is not recognized properly.  However,
> connecting to dx.w1nr.net port 7300 and now it works as expected.

I can confirm this.  I can also confirm that when connecting to port 7300,
there is no extra echo when typing in the callsign like there is when
connecting to port 23 (I think Dirk mentioned this should be the case).

> PuTTY, WriteLog, DX Lab Suite and XMlog telnet clients all seem to do
> the right thing without modification with the exception of echo.

Add DX4WIN and CT to this list also.  An early version of CC Cluster actually
had a problem with DX4WIN, but Lee fixed it pretty quickly once he looked at
the packets being sent over.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us