[Dxspider-support] upgrading from an older version

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 19:24:39 CEST 2007

Dave Edwards wrote:
> Hi
>
> One of my link partners is looking to upgrade from DXSpider V1.51
> build 57.263 (on a linux) machine. What are the important things they
> need to check before downloading the latest cvs tar and blasting it
> over the top?
>
> I did say about joining this group so hopefully they have and can see
> the replies themselves.

Well, that is *the* most important thing (note lack of smiley).

We do say take a backup. I never do, but then it is a bit "do as I say,
not as I do" around here, as you all know.

But most people have done the "overwrite the spider tree with
CVSlatest.tgz" without (m)any problems - it seems to have worked for
them. Provided the setup is standard, it should just work.