[Dxspider-support] set/isolate

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 18:14:17 CEST 2007

I have made quite an important change on the set/isolate command.

In the beginning set/isolate was always unidirectional, in the sense
that the local node would see all of the remote node's config (but not
transmit it onwards to the cluster) and only send the local node's
config to the remote node.

It also prevents spots/announces/wwv/wcy etc from crossing that boundary
unless a suitable filter is in place. This bit has not changed.

This was my answer answer to '-ext' protocol and also to 'passive
links', neither of which I was ever very happy with (although '-ext' is
infinitely preferable to 'passive links', because at least it is in PC
protocol, not interpreting data from a 'user link').

In the new scheme of things this is too complicated and, now, probably
unnecessary - so I have made set/isolate symmetric and bidirectional.

That means that, regardless of what the remote node sends, the local
node will only remember the remote's nodes local config. Anything else
is just discarded. This is exactly equivalent to both ends doing a
set/isolate to each other. Except that you can now do it unilaterally
(and to any other software).

Dirk G1TLH