[Dxspider-support] links command

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 23:47:56 CEST 2007

Simon Ravnic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We I enter links I get (from debug log) (second time cluster crashes):
>
> 1185302593^<- I S53ZO links
> 1185302593^Use of bare << to mean <<"" is deprecated at (eval 108) line 44.
> 1185302593^ at (eval 108) line 44

<snip>

> 1185302593^     }
> 1185302593^<<<<<<< links.pl.mine
> 1185302593^=======
> 1185302593^     unless ($pingint) {
> 1185302593^             $lastt = 0;
> 1185302593^             $ping = "        ";
> 1185302593^     }
> 1185302593^>>>>>>> links.pl.12

<snip>

You have a conflict.

When you see this sort of thing, the standard method of dealing with it is:-

1. remove the offending file (in this case /spider/cmd/links.pl)
2. cvs update

It will automagically restore the latest (correct) version.

Having said that, I am curious as to how CVS decided that there was a
conflict (there was a C in front of the name of the file updated during
cvs update instead of a U or a P).

73 Dirk