[Dxspider-support] creating cvs files ?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 13:51:32 CEST 2007

f1nni wrote:
> hello all, 73.
>
> could someone help to create cvs file by band and reguraly .
> i wan to make and html web cluster like this: http://www.ham-radio.ch/dxc/

Please look at the perl program /spider/perl/spot2csv.pl. It takes one
or more spot data files as arguments (eg: /spider/data/spots/2007/001.dat).

It produces tab delimited csv files.

You could merge that with the content of /spider/data/bands.pl and
create a load of .csv files at once.

If you wanted to be really flash you could look at the way
/spider/perl/watchdbg "camps" on the end of the debug file, change it to
look at spot files instead, and simply add to the end of each band's csv
file in "nearly" real time.

Or you could use the (undocumented) database features to generate a
database of spots and generate the screens on demand. I shall be doing
more work on this (BTW) to add user, wwv, wcy, announce and logging info
to it (and taking out the sh/dx interface which does not work as well is
the native perl one).

If you are interested in this method then contact me off list and I will
guide through setting it up.

The database is very alpha code that I hacked together one day to see
whether it would make a substantial difference in speed, it didn't, so I
lost interest. However, I recognise that people like databases so I am
thinking of replicating the data into a select number of makes of
database so that it can be used for this sort of job. I may also use it
as means of finally consigning Berkeley DB to the hell it deserves.

73 Dirk G1TLH