[Dxspider-support] Bad File Descriptor

Thomas Maisl tom at maisl.net
Mon Jul 30 00:50:09 CEST 2007

> "Anthony (N2KI)" schrieb:
> I just returned from Node P43L-8 doing updates.  I ran into a connection
> issue to P43L-8’s spot supplier.  When attempting to connect to his primary
> spot supplier we got an error stating “Bad file descriptor”.  The node then
> connected to his secondary feed.  Any idea what a bad file descriptor means
> and how to correct it?  Thanks
I do normally get this message when no (IP-)connection to the destination is
possible.

We don't have internet access at the nodes' site so we use a remote
http-proxy to access eg. qrz.com.
It the proxy isn't available (eg. due to downtime/no AX25-link) I'll get this
message.
Same when trying to do

>sh/contest
>Kann nicht verbinden mit sk3bg.se (Bad file descriptor)
>DL3SBB de OE9XPR-9 29-Jul-2007 2248Z dxspider >

because the used query-method telnet isn't able to find a route to sk3bg.se
(there's no IP-route pointing to www.sk3bg.se)

73 Thomas
dl3sbb
--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
                                          (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)