[Dxspider-support] looooooop???

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Sat Jun 23 09:28:52 CEST 2007

Kjell Jarl wrote:
> Hi!
> Now, what has happened? Spider
> Perl takes 90 % of my cpu.
> DX Spider Cluster version 1.54 (build 0.63) on Linux
> Time to roll back?

You could start by disconnecting IK5PWJ I suspect.  Seriously I would
look long and hard at your links.  Disconnect them all and reconnect
them one by one until you find the poorly connected ones.  I have been
doing this since I started with spider (and CLX for that matter
previously).  I only connect to nodes that look after their links and I
only accept G and EI node lists from one connection etc etc.  The
cluster link connections still use perl so if you are getting lots of
information down that path, it will start to eat memory.  I am
completely surprised by this unexpected outcome of the release of 1.54.
It has been very stable for the few of us running it but you only really
get to know of any problems once released.  Hopefully it will lead to a
better network all round.

73 Ian

--
Ian J Maude G0VGS