[Dxspider-support] Urgent

Andrea Borgia andrea at borgia.bo.it
Mon Jun 25 23:30:38 CEST 2007

Dirk Koopman wrote:

> It's tar.gz not tgz (unix convention). But you would always be better
> off using CVSlatest.tgz

Ehr, Dirk, that link came off your own page ^^;
Thanks for the info, anyway: download in progress now.

> However, if you are already on the 1.54.0 line, is there any reason not
> to cvs update?

Mostly time, or rather lack of: I always ran the older stable version
and never upgraded because your stable version is indeed extremely
reliable, does its job and users do not complain anymore like they used
to with the previous dos-only program.

> These days you don't need wincvs, there are windows "plain" command line
> cvs packages out there. For instance cvsnt at
> http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/ (the free open source one).

I keep Windows waaay out of my laptop and of the cluster and I know how
to use cvs at least for anon snapshots, it's just that I am a bit
overworked and in the process of changing job so this is not top
priority now.

Thanks for the cvs marketing effort, one day I'll switch to "bleeding
edge" 8-)

Andrea.